Do you have an email marketing strategy? It’s not about sending a random email about your product or service. It’s about having a detailed plan and set of emails that target your audience.
Choose A Topic
First choose a subject for your email. Here are a few examples of common topics for a marketing email.
- Product Promo
- Refer A Friend
- Survey Or Poll
- Anniversary Or Milestone
- Award Or Nominations
- Behind The Scenes
- Message From CEO
- Company History
- Important Dates
- Video = How To Use A Product
- Coming Soon!
Plan & Sketch
After you choose a topic, outline what you want to convey in your email. Choose high resolution images and have links ready for your website & social media. It’s helpful to sketch out the email.
Design your email to be responsive friendly. You don’t have to reinvent the wheel. Examine competitors email layouts to help you with product placement. Remember to stay on brand and include call to action links. Also, make sure you include an unsubscribe link.
Put some thought in your subject line. Personalized emails and emotion driven words are more likely to be opened.
Choose A Platform
Try using an email marketing service for your email campaigns. Here are a few popular platforms:
- Hubspot- free plan available, optimize emails, and customized templates
- Constant Contact – optimize emails, email automation, and analytics
- Pipedrive - drag & drop, content filtering, and customer engagement reports
- Send In Blue - on Brand email design, integrate with your website, and easy to use
- GetResponse - 1000+ images and 24-7 support
- FreshMarketer - drag & drop, optimized emails, and analytics
- MailChimp - Free Version, 27-7 support, 300+ app integration and drag & drop
- Omnisend - automation, templates, and 24-7 supports
- GoDaddy - professional emails, convert post to email, and optimized emails
Choose a subject for your email campaign, plan what you want to convey in your email, include images, call to action links. When choosing an email marketing service make sure it includes analytics so you have some way of measuring the success of your campaign. Just by following these simples steps it can be one of the most cost effective ways to promote your product or service.